SAP BTP (Business Transformation Platform) is an integrated product from SAP, which comes with four different portfolios, including –
- Intelligent technologies,
- Database and data management,
- Analytics, and
- Application development and integration.
With an accumulation of these, the platform can offer the ability to –
- Turn business data or information into business value,
- Build and expand SAP applications, and
- Compose end-to-end business processes efficiently.
However, before we start talking about the specified components, let’s learn more about the SAP BTP application and how it works.
SAP Business Transformation Platform – An Introduction
There was a time when checking the history of an ad campaign helped a corporation to create a strategy for its next venture. However, that’s not possible anymore in today’s dynamic world.
Now, if you want any of your business ventures to succeed and make an informed decision, you must apply advanced technologies accordingly. And this is where SAP BTP comes in.
The Business Technology Platform of SAP offers integration capabilities to ensure a proper and well-connected business process across third-party and SAP.
The following features, also known as Suite Qualities, can facilitate a consistent experience and quality assurance throughout different applications –
- Seamless User Experience: SAP Fiori, a part of SAP BTP, can be used to get a look at the other SAP solutions and use a part of it. It, in turn, can improve the user experience and decrease the risk of interruptions.
- Embedded Analytics across Solutions: The analytical insights available in most SAP solutions can help you make informed decisions. It can be found in the SAP S/4 HANA and SAP SuccessFactors.
- Aligned Domain Models, Events, and APIs: Master Data Integration is a cloud-based service that can be used for master data integration. It can offer a constant view across a hybrid landscape on master data. Conversely, you can use the APIs amongst SAP-based solutions, third-party elements, and SAP for process integration. It can also be adopted as an event-based integration strategy based on predefined integration content.
- Constant Identity and Security Management: SAP Cloud Identity tools and services currently available on SAP can help you manage identities effortlessly. You can also use them to use the single-sign-on feature to work in end-to-end processes.
- One Workflow Inbox: Owing to the unified view feature available on SAP BTP, you’ll be able to check all of your pending tasks in both desktop and mobile ecosystems. It, in turn, can help you complete your tasks quickly without making an error.
- End-to-End Process Blueprint: Processing different blueprints that follow through the IRA (Industry Reference Architecture) standard can help you lower your planning effort to some extent. It can also support various architecture decisions.
What are the Benefits of Using SAP BTP?
SAP BTP provides extensive features and capabilities to accelerate an organisation’s integration of SAP S/4HANA. Here is how it can be beneficial for you.
1: Excellent Data Management
With SAP BTP, you can access data from almost anywhere in the world. It, in turn, can reduce the basic requirement for replication. The platform can also help you combine data and simplify it effectively. The mechanisms available within the same can also distribute it to more than one environment with just a single click. This can make collaboration simpler and easier.
Finally, having SAP BTP means that you can manage and streamline data flow to acquire only one information source on master data.
2: Partaking in Business Analytics
Due to the availability of SAP Analytics Cloud, you can get continuous access to data analysis and business intelligence tools. Hence, it will become easier for you to make more informed or accurate decisions quickly and efficiently. Real-time data production through a single information source can also help you integrate strategic planning within your business.
Besides, the capability of real-time collaboration can also improve how you use data within an integrated project and make the most of it.
3: Market Relevance
As mentioned before, SAP BTP keeps acquiring data continuously from the market. Therefore, it becomes easier for you to stay updated with whatever’s happening in your industry and keep an eye on the upcoming trends as well. There’s no need to do anything manually, as you will be able to leverage machine learning and artificial intelligence to automate everything.
Finally, staying relevant to the market can also help an organisation convert their acquired data into value and gain more visibility into different data sources and applications.
Components of SAP BTP
The foundation of SAP BTP relies on four exquisite and distinctive pillars. Let’s keep reading to know more in this context.
1: Data Management Suite
As a business organisation, whether an MNC or an SME, a company must regularly take care of an excessive amount of data flow. Hence, without a proper management service, it might be impossible for you to keep track of the records and use them later on.
With the data management technology offered by SAP BTP, you can store whatever data you’re getting from the market or your targeted consumer base.
Apart from the maintenance and management, you can track the background of the data you receive. So, consider all that before making a strategy for your business.
The data management suite of SAP BTP features the following –
- SAP Master Data Governance.
- SAP HANA Cloud.
- SAP Data Intelligence.
- SAP HANA, and
- SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise.
SAP has been continually updating its business transformation platform from the beginning. So, you can expect more and more tools to come forward that can help you with management.
2: SAP Analytics
Apart from managing your data, you can also use SAP BTP to generate embedded analytics. It, in turn, will help you get real-time insights into your business through three technologies.
These may include –
- Machine learning,
- Artificial intelligence, and
- Business intelligence.
Apart from these, SAP BTP can also provide augmented analytics to assess the past ventures of an organisation and compare them with the present ones. Thus, you can singularly pick out the issues you are dealing with and make better decisions in the future.
SAP Analytics usually comes with the following offerings –
- SAP Data Warehouse Cloud,
- SAP Analytics Cloud,
- SAP Business Planning and Consolidation,
- SAP BW/4HANA, and
- SAP Business Objects BI.
The analytics feature of SAP BTP can enable your company to streamline regular business procedures efficiently. It also allows you to assess the available data and forecast a decision or circumstance that might occur later. The better you do it, the easier it will be for you to avert difficulties that may trouble you in the future.
3: Intelligent Technologies
The intelligent technologies available in SAP are all about improving the overall agility of your business. It performs the required proceedings by using the following –
- RPA (to improve the accuracy, efficiency, and security of your business)’
- Artificial intelligence or AI (to automate repetitive tasks and complete them quickly)
- Chatbots (to provide important information to your users without human intervention)
- Machine learning (to improve your profitability and use preventive maintenance).
In addition, you can utilise the technologies available here to run your business’s procedures smoothly. It will enable you to perform various undiscovered proceedings and drive an organisation towards innovation.
Here’s what might be included in SAP BTP intelligent technologies –
- SAP Ruum
- SAP IoT (Internet of Things)
- SAP Conversational AI
- SAP AI Business Services, and
- SAP IRPA (Intelligent Robotic Process Automation).
Most of these technologies are used to automate your business-related procedures and check if a mistake is being made or not.
4: Application Development and Integration
Using the available SAP applications will surely be enough to run your business efficiently. But what if you wanted to do a little bit more? In that case, developing an application tailored to a specific task will benefit you.
And that’s precisely where app development and integration shine the brightest.
With SAP BTP, you can quickly build, develop, and extend your business’s digital landscape. The app integration procedure is pretty simple too.
Therefore, there won’t be any need to alter the core elements of your organisation. Here’s what these implementations can allow you to do –
- Ease the communication between you and your consumer base while boosting customer experience.
- Integrate a third-party application in your system to improve your infrastructure.
- Offer a ready-to-go service to make it more convenient for your customer base.
The tools available within this part of SAP BTP are –
- SAP Process Orchestration,
- SAP Extension Suite, and
- SAP Integration Suite
However, integrating the aforesaid business might be tricky, especially if you’re not well-versed in this aspect. So, in that case, it’s best to opt for a consulting support service. They can offer the required information in this regard and implement the services accordingly if you cannot do so by yourself.
Transform Your Business with SAP BTP
Since the introduction of SAP BTP, it’s been a boon for complex and large businesses. And the reason behind it is pretty apparent too – it offers your organisation flexibility and agility. Besides, it can be integrated with AWS, Google Cloud Platform, and Azure. Hence, it becomes easier for you to transform your business and increase its eminence in any way.